BRC Team Endurance Event in association with Endurance GB (EGB).
Riding Clubs are invited to participate either as a team / individual at any EGB ride in 2012. Teams who complete the ride(s) successfully will score points which are entered into a regional league table. Top teams in each league/nationally will be offered a place in the National Final at the prestigious Red Dragon Festival of Endurance event on Sunday 7th October 2012.
- Teams – “squads” – may be between 3 to 6 riders. 4 = Team. 2 = individual
- Qualifying rides range from 30 to 35km [about 20 miles]
- It is not a requirement to be a member of EGB although must be a member of IBRC
- Squad may include a maximum of 2 EGB members, however these riders must not be competing beyond Novice
- No particular breed of horse is required, nor any special equipment
- Up to date Influenza Vaccinaction Certificates will be required for the Final, as specified by BRC rules
- Horses must be 5 years and over
- Juniors are those aged between 8 and 13 on the day of the event, however they must be accompanied by a nominated mounted adult who is part of that squad. Two juniors to one adult maximum.
- Successful completion of ride is based on a speed/heart rate equation determined at the final veterinary inspection. Speeds between 5mph and 9.4 mph maximum
- Willing to take share in providing crew for rides
Confirmed Cash Prizes at Final
- Overall winning team : £300 / 2nd place : £200 / 3rd place : £100
- Highest placed Novice team (no EGB riders): £100
Additional Awards (for which various products/clothing are hoped to be awarded)
- Best presented team
- Horse with highest score
- Highest placed team with at leat one junior rider
- Highest placed individual (not competing as part of a team)
For more detail email Justine.Rodgers@mandg.co.uk.